- Reserve Materials
- Mentor Teachers
- Contact Us
- Give Now
September 13, 2021
- We're celebrating our August and September birthday's this Friday! Swing by for a cupcake between 1:00-5:00pm and start your weekend off right!
September 7, 2021
On Monday, August 23, 2021 the university shared with faculty, staff, and students that masks are now expected on campus. Signs were immediately updated in the OSUTeach office, and masks have been made available to all students who come into the work space.
Effective immediately, the OSUTeach office will limit occupation to 5 students at one time (excluding student workers). We are puttin gthis measure into effect to help mitigate the continued spread of COVID-19. In addition, we are continuing to monitor the situation on campus and in the OSUTeach space, which may result in the OSUTeach office being open by appointment only, with face-to-face appointments limited in our small space.
The easiest way to help us maintain a safe and healthy space for everyone is to adhere to OSU's "masks expected" policy.
August 27, 2021
- Congratulations to the OSU Cowgirls soccer team! They beat OU in last night's game, and our very own Summer Chaffin scored one of two goals. Way to go, ladies!!!
August 23, 2021
- This Wednesday from 5:00-6:00pm we're having an OSUTeach Club information meeting in the OSUTeach office. If you're interested in joining the club please come!
- Week 2 Activity- Why do you want to teach? Please reply to your Week 2 e-mail or e-mail Nicole directly so you can earn this week's entry to our drawing.
- Please note that masks are now expected in the office. Please be respectful of your fellow students, staff, and faculty.
August 17, 2021
- Welcome back students! We're so happy to see you back on campus. Please remember to be safe, consider wearing a mask, and stay home if you're feeling ill. Please check your e-mail for Week 1 OSUTeach information! We have many exciting events and activities planned this semester, and your weekly e-mail will provide all of the details you need. Don't forget, we're having a come-and-go welcome back back this Wednesday (August 18th) from 2:30-3:30pm. Come enjoy a piece of cake, meet your student workers, ambassadors, program coordinator, and co-directors!
August 1, 2021
- Mark your calendars! On Wednesday, August 18th from 2:30-3:30pm we'll be hosting a welcome back bash for our new and returning OSUTeach students. Swing by the office during this time for a piece of cake and to meet your office staff.
- Congratulations to the Spring 2021 OSUTeach Graduating Class! Ruth Ford, Andrew Johnson, Spencer Jones, Hannah Oliver, and Hannah Webb are all exceptional students who are off to make a difference in the lives of students across the country!
- Congratulations to Darian Jackson! Darian is a sophomore in the OSUTeach program, majoring in Chemistry and Biology. She was recently awarded the American Chemical Society Hach Scholarship. Well done, Darian!
- Congratulations to Sofia Gomez and Emilee Harmon, both OSUTeach students, who took first and second place at the Karen L. Smith Undergraduate Research Symposium in Biology. We’re proud of these students’ hard work and dedication to their field!
Graduate Reception - Click here to view out Virtual Graduate Reception held on April 24th, 2020. Congrats Graduates!
Spring 2020 Newsletter - Read about our May 2020 Graduates and insight into our Virtual Spring Semester!
Fall 2019 Newsletter - Read about our addition of Zoology, our program numbers, and updates to our program!
February 14, 2019 - OSUTeach students enjoy a chocolate fountain to celebrate love and friendship!
January 24, 2019 - OSUTeach Student, Heidi McIntyre, Wins Free Tuition for National GTAC Workshop
December 3 - 7, 2018 - Dead Week Meals and Study Sessions in the Office
From soup to pizza, queso to donuts, OSUTeach students ate and studied their way through tough projects, papers, and final exam study sessions. It was a busy and emotional week, but we all made it through! OSUTeach is a great place to study, hang out, de-stress, grab a snack, get advice, and meet with your study group.
November 12 - 16, 2018 - Step 1 Course In the Classrooms
Our Step 1 Classes were the largest we've had in the program so far! We're excited about the growth of our recruitment classes and helping OSU students decide if teaching is the right career path. Our Step 1 students get to teach 3 times in an elementary classroom with supportive mentor teachers.
November 2, 2018 - OSUTeach Awareness Day
OSUTeach ambassadors and students handed out 1,000 suckers on International Mall Lawn from 10 AM - 1 PM. We loved giving out free candy and telling people about our program. Plus, many students asked us for more information on how to be an educator.
October 2, 2018 - OSUTeach Club elects new officers
Jessie Van Emburg - President
Meredith James - Vice President
Lilly Forth - Treasurer
Camille Cohlmia - Secretary
Official club meetings are scheduled for October 16, November 13, and November 27 at 4:45pm in 114 LSE.
September 12, 2018 - New ambassadors join OSUTeach
September 7, 2018 - Students present at the Internship Showcase
September 6, 2018 - Mentor Teachers meet with Step 2 students
August 20, 2018 - Record number of Step 1 students
The OSUTeach program is growing each year, and we are excited to welcome 48 new students into the Step 1 program! We plan to continue efforts to retain these students in the program through Step 2 and beyond.
August 13, 2018 - New Program Coordinator Takes the Reigns
OSUTeach would like to welcome Ashley Moore as our new Program Coordinator. With her experience in secondary education and business, Ashley is ready to continue growing the program through recruitment of new students and retention of current students for a career about which she is so passionate--education.
May 12, 2018 - The First Graduates of OSUTeach
Graduation commencement on May 12th was a momentous occasion for the OSUTeach program, as 12 students graduated with their degrees in math or science and received a teaching certificate for grades 6-12. Ten of the 12 students are pursuing a teaching career, and 8 have already accepted positons. We wish nothing but the best of luck as they continue their journey in STEM education. Below is a video of students at the OSUTeach Graduate Reception discussing their thoughts on the OSUTeach program and education.
May 1, 2018 - OSUTeach Preservice Teacher Research Symposium
OSUTeach students presented posters during this symposium which contained details of the research completed during their OSUTeach coursework. Students with OSUTeach majors in biology and chemistry worked with Dr. Julie Angle and research mentors across campus to complete 64 hours of research within their field and translated the research into an inquiry-based lesson. Students with the OSUTeach mathematics major presented the theory behind number games and how those theoretical concepts translate into a high school lesson as part of their coursework with Dr. Ed Richmond.
April 30 - May 2, 2018 - Extended Office Hours in OSUTeach Workroom
Students are encouraged to study for their finals on Monday April 30th through Wednesday, May 2nd in the OSUTeach workroom. This space, provided specifically to accomodate OSUTeach student needs, is a quiet spot where students can work individually or in small groups to study for their finals. Come grab a snack and get your study on!
April 23, 2018 - OSUTeach Student Poster Presentations are Accepted at National UTeach Conference
Three OSUTeach students will represent OSU at the national UTeach Institute conference in May with poster presentation. Josh Cox, Morgan McCasky, and Aubrea Martin submitted posters highlighting the research they did this semester during their OSUTeach coursework. Josh and Morgan created a poster regarding discussing their reasearch projects from their Research Methods in Mathematics course they completed with Dr. Ed Richmond. Their poster describes the mathematics behind common number games like Sudoku and how the theory behind the math can be translated into a lesson for high school students. A big thank you to Dr. Ed Richmond for his expertise and instruction throughout the course. Aubrea's poster represents the 64 hours of research she completed with OSU mentor Dr. Kristen Baum (our very own Co-Director). This research was a component of a class taught by Dr. Julie Angle in the College of Education, Health, and Aviation, where students conduct research with a science mentor and translate the research into an inquiry-based lesson for a science classroom. Aubrea's research investigates how the blooming of Conala affects bees' interpretation preference for colored pan traps. A big thank you to Drs. Julie Angle, Kristen Baum, and Ed Richmond for their expertise and instruction throughout these courses!
April 15th, 2018 - ACS-HACH Scholarships Announced
The American Chemical Society (ACS)-Hach Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded to two academically successful chemistry students who intend to pursue teaching as their future career. This scholarship is chosen by faculty from the Chemistry Department and is awarded on a yearly basis. The two recipients are Nichole Jones and Emilee Phillips. Congratulations to you both!
April 13, 2018 - OSUTeach Student Recognition Reception
The Student Recognition Reception recognized the achievements of our OSUTeach students. Students who received an OSUTeach Student Scholarship for 2018-2019 were presented with a certificate of scholarship by OSUTeach Co-Directors, Dr. Kristen Baum and Dr. Juliana Utley. The 2017-2018 OSUTeach Ambassadors were also recognized at this event for their time served representing the OSUTeach program. A list of additional achievements of our OSUTeach students can be found below. Congratulations to all of our students on their achievements!
- Sydney Hutchison - Litchenburg Family Scholarship from the Department of Mathematics, and K. and P. King Scholarship
- Nichole Jones - American Chemical Society Hach Land Grant Undergraduate Scholarship, John Ulrich Memorial Endowed Scholarship, Stephen & Rebecca Smith Endowed Scholarship, and Oklahoma Science Teachers Association- Preservice Teacher Representative for the Board of Directors
- Aubrea Martin - Dr. Terry Shaw Memorial Scholarship, David Elroy Phillips Family Endowed Scholarship
- Danielle Stewart - Stephen and Rebecca Smith Endowed Scholarship
- Josh Cox - Stephen and Rebecca Smith Endowed Scholarship
- Lilly Forth - Ron and Carolyn Poe Scholarship, Rookie Employee of the Year for the Mathematics Learning Success Center
- Medelin Kant - Dr. Terry Shaw Memorial Scholarship
- Kelly LeBlanc - Betty Hatfield Connell Scholarship Fund from the College of EHA
- Morgan McCaskey - Arlene Starwalt Jeskey Scholarship in Math, and Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Omicron Chapter Endowed Scholarship from House Corporation
- Heidi McIntyre - Dr. Terry Shaw Memorial Scholarship
- Emilee Phillips - American Chemical Society Hach Land Grant Undergraduate Scholarship, Henry P. Johnston President's Distinguished Scholarship, Mildred and John Skinner Scholarship, and Janet Bourland McGehee Family Scholarship
- Emily Womack - Grace James and Tammy Berlin Scholarship
April 6, 2018 - OSUTeach Awareness on the Lawn
OSUTeach visited STEM classrooms from April 2nd - 13th to provide information about the OSUTeach program to STEM majors. OSUTeach boosts its campus-wide recognition by holding an awareness event on the International Mall lawn. OSUTeach students handed out caramel apple suckers along with flyers explaining the OSUTeach program to over 600 students on campus. Complimentary pizza was provided in the OSUTeach workroom (114 LSE) to volunteers helping with the event. All OSUTeach students are encouraged to wear OSUTeach swag as much as possible during these two weeks to help spread the word about OSUTeach!
April 3, 2018 - OSUTeach Graduate Reception
OSUTeach hosted a Graduate Reception, recognizing the first graduates of the OSUTeach program. Thirteen students will graduate in 2018, and the OSUTeach team is proud of the journey these students have made. President Burns Hargis was a guest speaker of honor at the event, as well as Dean Bret Danilowicz from the College of Arts and Sciences and Dean John Romans from the College of Education, Health, and Aviation. Two of the OSUTeach graduate spoke about their personal road to OSUTeach and the impact of education on their lives. The first student speaker was Mr. Blake Kruitof, an OSUTeach Mathematics major, and the second was Ms. Maggie Pearce, an OSUTeach Biology major. Our special guest speaker was Mrs. Amy Goad, an elementary teacher from Westwood Elementary from Stillwater Public Schools. Mrs. Goad has taught for 26 years and is a Mentor Teacher for our students completing SMED 1011 (Step 1). Thank you to our speakers and guests for attending this event and helping us celebrate this special time. Congratulations to each of the graduates for your accomplishment!
March 8 -9, 2018 - UTeach Institute Visits the OSUTeach Program
Representatives from the NMSI and the UTeach Institute visit campus each semester to receive updates on the progress of the OSUTeach program. This visit marks the final trip for our associates from Austin. A bittersweet moment for the OSUTeach program, but marks a special time for OSUTeach as the program is instutionalized into OSU!
January 30, 2018 - Welcome Back to OSUTeach with Hot Chocolate
OSUTeach students and students enrolled in SMED 1011 and 2011 gathered in the OSUTeach workroom to drink a variety of complimentary hot chocolates with all the toppings. Each semester, OSUTeach holds a welcome back event so new students can meet other OSUTeach majors, network with faculty, and tour the OSUTeach space.
January 20, 2018 - Senior Day
OSUTeach ambassadors joined Dr. Caitlin Barnes, OSUTeach Program Coordinator, at the annual Senior Day Event hosted by the OSU Undergraduate Admission Office. The OSUTeach team attends this event every year to recruit prospective bright minds into the OSUTeach program, and provide information about the benefits of the OSUTeach program.