Reserve Materials for
List of In-Stock Materials
Available to Reserve
Students enrolled in the following courses may reserve and receive materials from
- SMED 1012 - Step 1
- SMED 3013 - K&L
- SMED 4013 - CI
- SMED 4611/4613 or MATH 3933 - RM
- SMED 4023 - PBL
For more information about the OSUTeach program or any information on this site, please
contact us at 405-744-1234 or email@example.com.
You can also visit us Monday-Friday (8:00am to 5:00pm) in 114 LSE.
Our office is open and we're alway happy to meet visitors. We do ask that you please do not visit our office or any other office if you're feeling sick or experiencing a fever.
Please remember that many people on campus may be immunocompromised, and do your part
to keep them and yourself safe.
Thinking About Teaching?
Take an introductory teaching course as a freshman to see if teaching is the right
path for you!
Our STEP 1 (SMED 1012) course is designed for any major! You don't have to declare education to take this
two-hour course. In STEP 1, you will receive an introduction to teaching pedagogy,
lesson planning, and classroom management. Plus, you will get to observe in a real
classroom and teach 2-3 times! If you have ever considered teaching, this course is
the one for you!
Did You Know?
- Teachers in the United States rate their lives better than all other occupation groups,
tailing only physicians?
- Most teaching jobs have better retirement benefits than other jobs you can get with
the same degree.
- You can get a job almost anywhere in the U.S. or abroad as a science or math teacher.
- There are student loan forgiveness programs and scholarships for science and math
- Mid-career teacher salaries typically range between $60,000 and $100,000.
- Nearly half of STEM majors have an interest in becoming a teacher.
- For more fascinating teacher facts, visit Get the Facts Out here.
What is OSUTeach?
OSUTeach is a program where students earn a content degree (biology, chemistry, mathematics,
geology, physics, or zoology) AND receive secondary education certification. Upon
graduation, students have three options:
- teach in a secondary education classroom
- pursue a graduate degree in their content area
- obtain a job in their content field
Benefits of the OSUTeach Program
- Students have access to a student center with a study space, group space, technology,
teaching resources, snacks, and mentor support.
- Students become members of cohorts where they take classes together and form a unique
- Students have access to a variety of scholarships, internships, and grants since our
program is a collaboration of the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of
Education and Human Sciences.
- Students have leadership opportunities through the OSUTeach Club, NSTA, and OSUTeach
- Students obtain classroom teaching experience beginning in their freshman year in
local Stillwater schools!