Reserve Materials for
List of In-Stock Materials
Available to Reserve
Students enrolled in the following courses may reserve and receive materials from
- SMED 1012 - Step 1
- SMED 3013 - K&L
- SMED 4013 - CI
- SMED 4611/4613 or MATH 3933 - RM
- SMED 4023 - PBL
For more information about the OSUTeach program or any information on this site, please
contact us at 405-744-1234 or email@example.com
Although masking is not required by the university, we do expect you to wear a mask while visiting the OSUTeach office. Also, please do not visit our office or any other office if you're feeling sick or experiencing a fever.
Please remember that many people on campus may be immunocompromised, and do your part
to keep them and yourself safe.
Thinking About Teaching?
Take an introductory teaching course as a freshman to see if teaching is the right
path for you!
Our STEP 1 (SMED 1012) course is designed for any major! You don't have to declare education to take this
two-hour course. In STEP 1, you will receive an introduction to teaching pedagogy,
lesson planning, and classroom management. Plus, you will get to observe in a real
classroom and teach 2-3 times! If you have ever considered teaching, this course is
the one for you!
Did You Know?
- Teachers in the United States rate their lives better than all other occupation groups,
tailing only physicians?
- Most teaching jobs have better retirement benefits than other jobs you can get with
the same degree.
- You can get a job almost anywhere in the U.S. or abroad as a science or math teacher.
- There are student loan forgiveness programs and scholarships for science and math
- Mid-career teacher salaries typically range between $60,000 and $100,000.
- Nearly half of STEM majors have an interest in becoming a teacher.
- For more fascinating teacher facts, visit Get the Facts Out here.
What is OSUTeach?
OSUTeach is a program where students earn a content degree (biology, chemistry, mathematics,
geology, physics, or zoology) AND receive secondary education certification. Upon
graduation, students have three options:
- teach in a secondary education classroom
- pursue a graduate degree in their content area
- obtain a job in their content field
Benefits of the OSUTeach Program
- Students have access to a student center with a study space, group space, technology,
teaching resources, snacks, and mentor support.
- Students become members of cohorts where they take classes together and form a unique
- Students have access to a variety of scholarships, internships, and grants since our
program is a collaboration of the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of
Education and Human Sciences.
- Students have leadership opportunities through the OSUTeach Club, NSTA, and OSUTeach
- Students obtain classroom teaching experience beginning in their freshman year in
local Stillwater schools!