Thinking About Teaching?
Take an introductory teaching course as a freshman to see if teaching is the right
path for you!
Our STEP 1 (SMED 1011) course is designed for any major! You don't have to declare education to take this
one-hour course. In STEP 1, you will receive an introduction to teaching pedagogy,
lesson planning, and classroom management. Plus, you will get to observe in a real
classroom and teach 2-3 times! If you have ever considered teaching, this course is
the one for you!
Call 744-1234 with any questions you have.
What is OSUTeach?
OSUTeach is a program where students earn a content degree (biology, chemistry, mathematics,
geology, physics, or zoology) AND receive secondary education certification. Upon
graduation, students have three options:
- teach in a secondary education classroom
- pursue a graduate degree in their content area
- obtain a job in their content field
Benefits of the OSUTeach Program
- Students have access to a student center with a study space, group space, technology,
teaching resources, snacks, and mentor support.
- Students become members of cohorts where they take classes together and form a unique
- Students have access to a variety of scholarships, internships, and grants since our
program is a collaboration of the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of
Education and Human Sciences.
- Students have leadership opportunities through the OSUTeach Club, NSTA, and OSUTeach
- Students obtain classroom teaching experience beginning in their freshman year in
local Stillwater schools!